Monday, April 30, 2007

If It Was Up To Me, I'd Be Right Up Next To You

The house is silent, as a grave
I walk slowly and carefully, reminding myself to behave
As I should in such esteemed company
I find the doorknob, turn it and run
As from out of the room floats "shut the ******* door!"
From my esteemed hosts, lying on the floor

Ohhh, oh oh
I can't believe it's true
But apparently I faked it
Because all the words were fired
But none of them hit true (hit you)
And isn't this exactly where I shouldn't be
Or maybe it's just where I ended up, and isn't good or bad at all
Although I'm probably just trying to justify making bad mistakes

I swore already in the courtroom
That I saw the narrator shot dead in the prologue
Yes, I know the protagonist found him in the second to last chapter
But I swore I saw him shot and killed before the story ever started
And can't I make any of these poems rhyme?
That irritates me to no end
You know, that the ending sounds of my lines never seem to blend
But, that doesn't matter tonight, my friend

Because no matter where you are
Or how stupid my words sound
I'm just going to softly sing you to sleep
With you lying like a little child in your big empty bed

Honestly, if I could I would make this right
And honestly, I wish I had heard your voice
Before I dropped off to sleep in this cold lonely bed

2 comments:

Kelci said...

I like this poem. Something just "jumps" out at me about it. lol. love the writing =] see ya.

Walter said...

That's neat. I think it's awesome when something just jumps out at you when you read a poem or story. It's what helps you make it your poem. <:)