Sunday, April 29, 2007

1st Ever Guest Poem! "I'm From", By Rachel E.

I'm from a Family that Teaches,
While my brother teaches me patience
My dog teaches me responsibility

I'm from my room
My practice place,
My guitar sits on my lap,
As I strum every chord as if they all
Had some sort of meaning

I am from the kitchen
Scavenging for food,
Opening the refrigerator searching for
Some food that looks satisfying at the time

I am from the softball diamond
I stand on the pitchers mound,
My turf, And of course
I pitch a perfect strike

I am from the computer,
iTunes, AIM, and Internet
are always open when
I am on the computer

I am from banana cream pie
Baked by my grandma
Topped with one extra scoop
Of whipped cream

I am from a camp ground,
A Warm fire, and smores
At night the chrickets chirp slowly
Puts you to sleep

I am from friends
We stick together like
Fruit kabobs
We’re always there for eachother

I am from Starbucks
That is where I live
A caramel latte with cinnamon cake
Is all I need

I am from the lake
Swimming until I can’t swim any longer
Maybe riding swiftly around in my grandpa’s boat
Or maybe being pulled on
A tube by a thin wire

This is where I’m from

No comments: