I'm Just A Kid. And You're Just You. And We're So Special, We Can't Control It
I'm writing this poem
Because that's what I do
And I tell you girl, I'm writing this for you
Oh, I'm just going to say it right out
Or, that was the plan
Until my mouth wouldn't work right
My jaws wouldn't close, and my tongue wouldn't go where I told it to
Oh girl, this is what you do to me
And as long as you are transfixed by my eyes
And my heart is beating in your chest
I don't think either of us will be completely free
But, in truth, it'll be easier for you to break away from me
But girl, I love you
I'd say your name, but I don't know if you want all of them to know
In fact, I don't even know if you want to know
Good lord, you're just so special
And I don't know what to say
Besides, "I think I love you
More than anyone before"
Beware, that's probably the music speaking
But oh God...my heart just stops every time
You know how to do art
I can't
But at least I can sometimes rhyme
I just wonder sometime if you'll ever frame a poem of mine
And if I'll be able to put a picture of yours on the wall
If you don't love me, then I guess we can just be friends
But if you do, or could
I'd be willing to wait forever and the obligatory day
And I think this poem wants to go on forever
I don't know what to say to you
I wonder what you want to say to me?
8 comments:
is this for someone in particular? or is it more of a random love poem?
Mmm...Kind of both...but mostly the effects of listening to Two Weeks In Hawaii by Hellogoodbye on repeat. And the question that pops to mind is, "And who does that song remind you of?"
yes, who? and that's an extremely good song, by the way.
Well, glad you like the song...And hm...and the question that pops to my mind is, "Who are you, and should I tell you?"
two years, three months, and 13 days
12 days, now. I'm counting in my head...and waiting.
why are we both so bad at not being obvious?
Heh...good question.
Post a Comment