Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just Let Your Doubts Be Quiet; They'll Go Away

I'm writing you a love note from a million miles away
Imagining you in the sweet summer night
Thinking of you during the heat of the day
Tell me who you want tonight
I'll tell you if you're right
We've both waited so long, for a love so true
And all we've found are failures, making us blue
I'm sure it could last, me and you
Because four times over I've bit my tongue when you called another winner
And I've washed your decks for what seems like years
After every storm you sail through
Hey, Miss Golden Girl
Do you think you could take a chance on a boy like me?
One who's too weak to let you down
And too noble to tell you what to do, except be happy
And hopefully, with me

I know I know I know I know
That you've said that you're not the one for me
But, girl, how can you say that
When you don't know how I feel? or how we could be so free?

No comments: