Monday, March 12, 2007

I'm Supposed To Love You, Say Neurons In My Brain

I can tell by the way every poem starts with love paraphrased
That you're my one and only, true blue love
If only I knew who you are...

But when you kiss the sun, third time is the charm
Some nights the light gets so bad, I have to call the manufacturer
And ask what's the deal? and why can't I sleep over her blue-brown eyes?

I'd sing a song for you, but the show's so close to closing
I'd try to make it up to you, but I'm not in the know about knowing
<:D emoticons show emotion better than words when your lover is a million miles away

This poem was born under a bad sign
Like "Warning, Unsafe Terrain" or "Break Glass In Case Of Fire"
Still, I'm the prince of a crazy neon empire
And I walk around in my water-logged shoes, hoping for one last chance
At another last chance
The script says I'm supposed to love you
But my heart says it isn't love
It's something unusual, not something like love that I remember so well
But still, I'm supposed to love you as the words drop from my lips
And they encourage me to do or do not as the sun sets down its glow for the day
And I have no idea how or why I feel this way...
Girl, they say I'm supposed to love you, I think I might actually, really, possibly, somehow,
Love you
(But it's not bad enough to make me pick up the phone
And dial the number to connect me to your home)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's beautiful, Walter. I'm wishing it was for me, but somehow knowing it's not.

Walter said...

Thank you ;). <8) Well, the funny thing about poetry is that you can't write it for any one person. You can think about someone while writing something, or you can write a poem with the intent to give it to someone...But it's not truely for that person, because it's sure to move and speak to somebody else also. Poetry is like a fragment of your soul; so precious you cannot just give it to one person to keep, but must spread it out to everyone you can. So, consider yourself one recipient of the poem. <;)

Anonymous said...

thanks. you're inspiring. you make me wish that I could write as well as you do. <3

Walter said...

Maybe you do write as well as I do? Come on, post a little sample. Or, better yet, email it to me (email's on my profile) and then I'll post it on the bloggy. You'd be my first guest writer...come on, you know you want to...<;)

Anonymous said...

not right now. first i'll have to think of something good enough to let you see. <3

Walter said...

Oky doky..<8) I'll be interested to read it, no matter how good or otherwise it is. <;) I'll wait with unbated breath (because I need lot's of oxygen).

Anonymous said...

i have to go soon. it was nice talking to you. <3

Walter said...

Same here. Bye bye, hope to hear from you again soon.

~Walter, who should be doing work.

Anonymous said...

awesome work!

i can't help but laugh at the comment conversation either. First you had me to deal with, now you got another. =P

Walter said...

Thanks Manda. <;) Yep...you can't swing a dead cat in this blog without bumping into either a the computer screen or an admirer.