Friday, November 30, 2007

Wake me up just to tell me you love me and I won't count lost sleep as a bad thing.

You're the one who's bleeding
But I still can't help feeling pain
It shoots through me and rips me apart
Pressure builds in my head and makes the tear ducts start
to give up the watery jewels they hide

When you wake up ill all alone and shaking
You've no idea how close my heart is to breaking
It's shuddering, muttering, but no one can see
How the damage done to you damages me
I just want to tell them it hurts
And somebody please give you some pills
That will do something this time

Do something that will save you
And keep meaning in the dance the stars make over our heads

Give love meaning besides itself
Nurse you back to a comfortable health

I need strength to get through my days
And you need it to give to me
But I swear on my blood that pumps through my veins
Someday we'll be far away and free
In each other's arms, alone and happy
Like on a desert island, just you and me

[i can feel the sand brushing up against my body
and the tropical sunlight warm on my skin
and your hair trailing over me as you kiss my face...]

No comments: