The Blisters On My Feet Don't Hurt As Much As The Calluses On My Heart
Listen carefully
Just like me
As I walk down this shadowy road
I think I can hear the ticking of a broken heart
And I realize, "that's too bad" because the ticking walks with me
Oh boy, my broken heart is ticking away
Like a time bomb or a death watch
And on this lonely road it's the only sound I hear
But I can make out other people through the shadows and the fog
Even though their faces are shadowed
And they are cold to the touch
I guess I'm still alone
Walking this crowded road
And I'm still feeling unbearably alone
Even as the lights dim
And you whisper in my ear
Come on, I know that this isn't you
Because you're not the same person I wasted hours on the phone with
Or dreamt about and was the subject of the wish
That I held so dear
Just let me look past the sweat
And dark lust and desire
So I can see the girl who turned my world
And helped me figure out who I was
It's 1:00 AM and I woke up
Cause the light of the moon and the sound of the train
Reminds me I have no idea what to do
She is an absolute everything to me
But just a myth, one that keeps away the horror by being believed in
The ticking of my watch, abandoned on the floor
Starts up my heart, and I get out of bed
Get dressed
And pace back and forth in front of the door
Shall I walk that lonely road?
It's all that's left now, I suppose
And the effects of love are really more just collateral damage
From hearts seeking some little contentment
But it's a beautiful night, perfect for walking
And I don't need to talk, as I walk this dim-lit road
2 comments:
thats a sad poem
but i guess we've all felt that way at one point or another...
WE SHALL PERSEVERE!!!
lol...yes, we will. <:)
Post a Comment